I run a selection of workshops throughout the year - generally on a Saturday morning. I can however schedule other times if you have a group of 4 interested. Just contact me (email@example.com) to arrange.
So, which workshop is the right one for you? To help you decide, just click on the button below. The one thing in common with all my workshops is small group numbers, learning in a fun and hands on environment, and coming away with a mind awash with ideas, backed by knowledge.
I look forward to you joining me soon.
PS: if you'd like a workshop on a different subject, just contact me! (its that easy)
Workshops held at lower Mt Pleasant in Christchurch
I will be recommencing upcycling workshops in late Feb/early Mar 2022
I have the following workshops on offer:
1. GETTING STARTED 101 : 3 hours $150 - perfect for beginners
2. PAINT, MOULDS & TRANSFERS : 3 hours $150 - perfect for intermediate level5.
3. PAINT & STENCIL A TRAY : 2.5 hours $100 - metal or wood tray included in course cost
4. STENCILLING 101 : 2.5 hours $100 - take your stencil skills to the next level
5. INTRO TO MINERAL PAINT : 2 hours $85 - find out why experienced upcyclers love mineral paint
6. BYO PIECE to paint & stencil : 2 hours $80 - everything provided for you to work on your own small piece
If you are like a lot of people, you will have random pieces of furniture that don’t fit in with each other - this is where upcycling can help you, by enabling you to change the look of tired or outdated furniture and unify random items by painting in a common theme & colour scheme.
If your piece of furniture is well made, and has nice lines, then it is worth keeping!
My name is Karen, and my ‘Getting Started 101’ workshop will empower you on your journey, covering the preparation work required (and good products & tools to use), different paints available (chalk, milk & enamel paint from a range of providers such as The Artisan Company, Voodoo Molly, Annie Sloan, Rust-oleum, Newtons, Carts & Millie, Porter's Original, Resene, Jolie, Creative Moments, Karen Walker, Van Gogh Fossil Paint, etc) and some common painting techniques.